This post contains affiliate links. We earn commissions if you buy through an affiliate link with no additional cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
Yes, walnuts help with premature ejaculation and make you last longer in bed. Studies have shown that consuming walnuts prevent premature ejaculation (PE) and improve male fertility.
How walnuts improve your sexual health and reduce the chances of PE, let’s find out in this article.wate
Table of Contents
What are Walnuts?
Walnut (also known as Juglans regia) is an edible seed of a tree from the genus Juglans. It is used as a snack and in different meals and cuisines around the globe. It is widely used in baking and salads. It is a nutritional nut that’s a rich source of omega-3. On average, 65% of walnut is fat and 15% is protein.
A cup of walnuts (approximately 28 g) has the following nutrients:
- 13 calories
- 18.3 g fat
- 4.26 g protein
- 3.84 carbohydrate
- 1.18 g fiber
- 1.14 g water
- 123 mg potassium
- 96.9 mg phosphorus
- 44.2 mg magnesium
- 27.4 mg calcium.
Walnut Health Benefits
Walnuts have multiple health benefits:
- Cancer prevention: Studies have shown that walnuts reduce the risk of cancer such as breast and prostate. Walnuts help your body produce urolithins which helps in the prevention of cancers. A study reported that walnuts help prevent multiple types of cancers.
- Promote gut health: According to a study, participants who eat 43 g of walnuts every day had better gut health due to microbiomes that produce healthy bacteria in the gut.
- Heart health: Walnuts improve heart health significantly as reported by several studies. A meta-analysis found that walnuts improve blood lipids and reduce cardiovascular diseases. Another study reported that consuming 56 g of walnuts every day improves blood vessel health and reduces the blockade of arteries in overweight adults.
- Rich source of antioxidants: Walnuts are a rich source of antioxidants that help your body fight free radicals. A study reported that eating walnuts reduces oxidative stress.
- Brain health: Walnuts improve memory, according to a study. Another study reported that walnuts may increase inferential reasoning in young adults.
- Manage weight: Eating walnuts provide your body with 21% less energy and therefore, it doesn’t contribute to weight gain like other nuts. A study reported that walnut consumption reduces appetite and hunger making you feel fuller.
- Improve male reproductive health: Studies have shown that walnuts improve male fertility and boost reproductive health. One study reported that walnuts protect sperm from oxidative damage. Another study found that a walnut diet increases sperm motility, vitality, and morphology. These results were endorsed by a randomized clinical trial study which reported that adding walnuts to the diet improves sperm motility and morphology and cures male infertility with a higher pregnancy probability.
Do Walnuts Help with Premature Ejaculation?
Yes, walnuts help with premature ejaculation (PE). The magnesium in walnuts helps prevent PE and might play a role in making you last longer in bed.
A study reported that magnesium plays a role in premature ejaculation as it is part of semen. Lack of magnesium in men often leads to PE, therefore, consuming magnesium-rich foods helps you prevent premature ejaculation.
Another study found that premature ejaculation is more likely to occur when men have a decreased level of magnesium. The authors reported that PE is significantly related to lower levels of magnesium.
Similar results were reported in another study where authors linked decreased levels of magnesium in semen with PE. When magnesium level decreases further, it leads to both premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
Walnuts aren’t one of the richest sources of magnesium, but it contains enough magnesium to keep you safe from premature ejaculation provided you consume it daily. Consuming 100 g of walnuts provides you with 158 mg of magnesium. The daily value for magnesium is 420 mg for male adults so walnuts do a good job of fulfilling your DV.
Another benefit of adding walnuts to your diet is that it improves sperm quality and health significantly. Several studies reported that walnuts improve male fertility and improve sperm motility, vitality, and morphology.
So, walnuts don’t just help you with premature ejaculation but they improve overall reproductive health and increase the chances of pregnancy. If you are planning a baby, increase the intake of walnuts to boost your sperm health.
How to Use Walnuts to Last Longer in Bed
The simple and best way to use walnuts for PE is by adding them to your daily diet. There isn’t any minimum or maximum daily dose for walnuts, take whatever you are OK with.
Here are a few nice and tasty ways to add walnuts to your diet:
- Sprinkle walnuts over your meals such as cereals and oatmeal
- Keep flavored walnuts with you and take a handful of them a few times a day
- Walnut smoothie is a niche option to try in the morning
- Use walnuts in baked products. For example, a walnut brownie with tea will make your breakfast super delicious.
Is walnut good for premature ejaculation?
Yes, walnuts help you prevent premature ejaculation and it helps you last longer in bed. The magnesium in walnuts keeps you safe from PE as magnesium deficiency leads to premature ejaculation.
Is walnut good for sperm?
Yes, walnuts improve sperm health and quality. Studies have shown that walnut increases sperm motility, vitality, and morphology leading to enhanced male fertility.
Walnuts have numerous health benefits such as cancer prevention, heart health, male fertility, and others. They are also helpful in curing premature ejaculation and making you last longer in bed.
Adding walnuts to your diet prevents premature ejaculation and lowers its risk. And you will have healthy sperm with better motility, vitality, and morphology. These benefits are hard to find in other foods.
Start eating walnuts and last longer in bed.
Updated: August 26, 2023