Fruits and vegetables have multiple health benefits and most of them help you in your sex life. There are fruits that treat premature ejaculation (PE). Is pineapple one such fruit? Does pineapple make you last longer in bed?
Yes, pineapple does make you last longer in bed as it contains certain nutrients that are helpful for men. It also improves male reproductive health.
How often do you consume pineapple and does it have the potential to treat premature ejaculation completely? This article explores pineapple health benefits based on scientific evidence and how it can be of help to men in bed.
Table of Contents
What is Pineapple?
Pineapple (scientifically known as ananas comosus) is an edible fruit native to South America. It usually grows in hot climates and has spiky, tough skin. It is sweet in taste and is used in different meals across all cuisines.
Pineapple is mainly used for its taste and sweetness and is rarely used for its health benefits. However, it has several health benefits that make it one of the healthiest fruits.
According to USDA, a 100 g of raw pineapple includes:
- 87.2 g water
- 190 kJ energy
- 11.8 g carbohydrates
- 8.29 g sugar
- 4.59 g sucrose
- 125 mg potassium
- 13 mg calcium
- 12 mg magnesium
- 0.08 mg zinc
- 16.9 mg vitamin C.
Here are the primary health benefits of pineapples:
- Pineapple improves digestion. It contains bromelain which is a proteolytic enzyme known for its health benefits. A study reported that bromelain is helpful in meat digestion. Another study reported several health benefits of bromelain including its use as a commercial meat tenderizer. Bromelain also helps break down food into small particles which makes it easy for your intestines to absorb them.
- Pineapple has antioxidant properties. A review study reported that pineapples contain flavonoids which is a type of antioxidant that helps your body fight free radicals.
- Pineapples have anticancer properties. The bromelain in pineapples reduces the chances of several types of cancer in humans. In fact, a study reported that bromelain can treat cancer even when it is already developed. A 2019 study found that bromelain is helpful in treating breast cancer and can kill cancer cells. Its effectiveness can be increased significantly when it is used with radiation therapy.
- Treats arthritis. Bromelain in pineapples is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and this makes pineapples helpful in treating several types of inflammation and pain. A 2020 study reported that using proteolytic enzymes (including bromelain) for 6 weeks improved low back pain. A 2016 study reported that bromelain is equally effective for arthritis patients in relieving pain as medicine.
- Increases immunity. Studies have shown that pineapple increases immunity and reduces bacterial infections. A study on school children reported that children who ate pineapple had 4x higher immunity and disease fighting white blood cells. The children who ate pineapple were less likely to suffer from viral and bacterial infections.
- Works as a pain reliever. Bromelain acts as a pain reliever and treats swelling and bruises. It also helps you recover quickly from surgery. A review study found that topical and oral bromelain is helpful in treating surgical wounds, deep burns, and inflammation. It has an equal effect as any anti-inflammatory medicine with minimal side effects. Another review study reported that oral bromelain is helpful in treating facial swelling and surgical pain.
- Improves male fertility. Bromelain in pineapple is helpful in improving male reproduction. A study on male mice reported that bromelain increases sperm count, motility, and morphology. It also decreased the number of abnormal sperms.
- Pineapples may treat premature ejaculation. Pineapple is a source of several nutrients including magnesium and zinc. Magnesium deficiency leads to premature ejaculation as reported in this study. Zinc is helpful in treating premature ejaculation. A study reported that men who took zinc supplement for 90 days significantly increased their ejaculation duration.
Does Pineapple Make You Last Longer in Bed?
Yes, pineapple makes you last longer in bed, and it treats premature ejaculation.
Pineapple has a lot of nutrients and some of which are quite helpful for men. For example, magnesium and zinc are found to be helpful for men suffering from premature ejaculation. Men who suffer from premature ejaculation are more likely to have a magnesium deficiency. This, however, doesn’t mean that all men who have magnesium deficiency always have problems with ejaculation, but it means there is a proven association between magnesium deficiency and premature ejaculation.
Since pineapple is a decent source of magnesium, consuming it will help you stay away from PE and ejaculation issues. And if you are already suffering from PE and that’s due to a lack of magnesium, pineapple consumption can help you overcome it.
Bromelain in pineapple is recently found to be associated with the male reproductive system. A 2022 study on male mice found that bromelain significantly improves sperm quality and reduces sperm abnormalities. It also increased testosterone levels and testicular health and size.
While these benefits aren’t directly associated with premature ejaculation, they might help with sex drive and reproductive health. More scientific evidence and human clinical trials will reveal how bromelain is linked with ejaculation and ejaculatory reflex.
Pineapple also contains zinc which helps delay orgasm in men. A study reported that men who took a zinc supplement for 90 days had their ejaculation duration increased from 73 seconds to 102 seconds. All the participants were suffering from lifelong premature ejaculation so it’s a great improvement. No major side effects were reported.
Zinc has numerous sexual benefits for men. Several studies reported that zinc improves sperm health and increases sperm motility, count, and reduces sperm abnormalities.
So, pineapple doesn’t just help you last longer in bed, but it has other reproductive health benefits too. These benefits are due to its nutrients: Magnesium, zinc, and bromelain.
Can Pineapple Treat Premature Ejaculation?
Pineapple can help you treat PE. It can only assist in the treatment of premature ejaculation, but it cannot replace your medicine.
Regularly using pineapple can help you fulfill your body’s magnesium and zinc needs, and it will help you overcome PE to some extent (especially if you are suffering from PE due to magnesium deficiency).
If you are not suffering from PE but just want to delay orgasm and have more fun in bed, pineapple can help you, but it needs to be used consistently. You can’t expect magical results from it overnight. The studies where participants saw an increase in ejaculation duration after consuming zinc or magnesium were conducted for months.
For example, in one study participants used zinc supplement for 90 days consecutively which increased their ejaculation duration from 73 seconds to 102 seconds (on average).
You can’t see results after using pineapple for a few days or even weeks. You must use it consistently for months to see a positive change.
How to Use Pineapples for Premature Ejaculation
Pineapple is easy to add to your diet. It works best for PE when taken raw in the natural state so nutrients can reach your body. Here are the best ways to use pineapple for PE:
- Eat pineapple raw. It is a sweet fruit that you can eat in the form of slices. If it isn’t available raw in your area, you can always go for canned pineapple slices.
- Pineapple salad is a healthy snack. Add pineapple with other fruits or vegetables and make a salad as per your taste. Take it as a snack between meals.
- Use pineapple juice. Grab organic pineapple juice and keep it with you. Take a glass of pineapple juice for breakfast and it will be enough to keep you going throughout the day.
- Make a pineapple smoothie. Make a smoothie of fresh pineapple and take one glass a day. It is a healthy habit. If pineapples aren’t available in your area, you can use pineapple smoothie powder. Mix it in water and your smoothie will be ready in no time.
- Use pineapple in your meals. There are several pineapple recipes that allow you to use pineapple in your meals. For example, pineapple fried rice or roast chicken with pineapples. It is used with meat to make it easy to digest. Adding pineapple to your daily meals is easier than you think.
Is Pineapple Good for Men’s Sperm?
Yes, pineapple improves sperm health and is good for men. According to a male mice study, bromelain in pineapple significantly improves sperm health and the reproductive system of male mice. Pineapple increases the number of healthy sperms and reduces the number of abnormal sperms.
What Are the Benefits of Eating Pineapple Before Bed?
You can eat pineapple at any time of the day but eating it before bed is more likely to make you fall asleep quickly. This is because pineapple (and some other fruits like oranges and bananas) increase melatonin levels in your body which helps you sleep quickly and peacefully. A study reported that pineapple increases melatonin 3x after 120 minutes of consumption. This means you should eat pineapple at least 2 hours before going to bed for the best results.
What Are the Benefits of Eating Pineapple for Man?
Pineapple offers a couple of health benefits specifically for men. First, it improves sperm health. Secondly, it helps you last longer in bed by reducing the chances of premature ejaculation.
Does Pineapple Affect Male Fertility?
Yes, pineapple improves male fertility. A study on male mice found that bromelain in pineapple enhances sperm health by increasing sperm count, sperm movement speed, and reducing the number of abnormal sperms.
Pineapple is a healthy and nutritional fruit that’s available throughout the world. Scientific studies show that it has the potential to treat premature ejaculation and make you last longer in bed. Though more research is needed to clearly understand the link between pineapple and premature ejaculation, what we know shows that pineapple does help with ejaculation.
The magnesium and zinc in pineapple along with bromelain make you last longer in bed with better sperm health. Keep using pineapples for better sexual health.
Updated: August 29, 2023