This post contains affiliate links. We earn commissions if you buy through an affiliate link with no additional cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
What’s better between delay wipes and spray for premature ejaculation (PE)?
It is no less than a dilemma for men who want to last longer in bed to find and use the right desensitizing product. Both premature ejaculation wipes and delay sprays do the same thing: Help you delay ejaculation by reducing penis sensitivity.
But how do delay wipes vs spray compare and what are the major differences (and similarities) between the two?
We compared delay wipes and spray in this article to help you decide and use the right topical PE product.
Table of Contents
|Criteria||Delay Wipe||Delay Spray|
|Effectiveness||Lower as it only has benzocaine||Higher due to lidocaine|
|Ease of use||Easy and less messy||A bit messier|
|Control||Less control when applying||More control when applying to your penis|
|How quickly it works||5 to 15 minutes||5 to 15 minutes|
|How long does it last||30 to 60 minutes||30 to 60 minutes|
|Side effects||Less severe due to benzocaine||More severe due to lidocaine|
|Topical anesthetic||Benzocaine||Benzocaine and lidocaine|
|Herbs||Yes, can be made from herbs||Yes, can be made from herbs|
|Availability||Limited options||Several options to choose from|
|Quantity||High quantity per dollar||Less quantity per dollar|
What are Delay Wipes?
A delay wipe, also known as a premature ejaculation wipe, PE wipe, and benzocaine wipe, is a moist disposable wipe that contains a numbing agent for delaying orgasm. The wipe is applied on the penis externally before sexual intercourse to delay ejaculation and last longer in bed.
Benzocaine is the most common topical anesthetic used in premature ejaculation wipes. Other topical anesthetics aren’t used too often as benzocaine is the only FDA approved local anesthetic for use in premature ejaculation wipes.
Some delay wipes also use herbal ingredients. There are two types of herbal delay wipes for PE:
- Numbing delay wipes
- Non-numbing delay wipes.
So, not all delay wipes work by numbing your penis. You can choose to go with wipes that won’t numb your penis and will still make you last longer in bed.
How Premature Ejaculation Wipes Work
Delay wipes work by reducing the sensitivity of your penis which helps you delay cum and have sexual intercourse for longer. The reduction in sensitivity is the result of the topical anesthetic used in the wipes. Benzocaine is the most common and FDA approved anesthetic for use in male desensitizing products. Other topical anesthetics like lidocaine aren’t approved by the FDA for delay wipes.
Benzocaine blocks the signals in nerve endings which delays the ejaculatory reflex by your brain. The stimulation signals reach your brain with a delay, and this delays the response from your brain leading to a significant delay in ejaculation.
Herbal delay wipes also work in the same way with the only difference being that they use a natural anesthetic instead of benzocaine.
How to Use Delay Wipes
Here is how to use a premature ejaculation wipe to delay your come:
- Wash your penis before application
- Reach PE wipe instructions on the label before opening the sachet
- Take the wipe out from the sachet and rub it gently on the penis head and shaft
- Keep rubbing the wipe until it gets dry. You can also squeeze its liquid on your penis if its too damp
- Wait for 5 to 15 minutes. Let the solution absorb
- Wash your hands and penis once you start feeling numbness in your penis
- Have sexual intercourse
- Wash your penis after sexual intercourse.
Pros and Cons
- Premature ejaculation wipes are effective in delaying climax
- Easy to use
- Pocket-friendly and easy to carry
- Non-messy and can be used like traditional wipes
- No prescription needed.
- Delay wipes aren’t as effective as some of the other numbing products like delay sprays as the concentration per wipe is limited
- Not all delay wipes are FDA approved as benzocaine is the only local anesthetic that FDA has approved for desensitizing products except sprays.
What are Delay Sprays?
A delay spray is a topical numbing liquid that comes in a spray bottle. It is applied topically on the penis where it acts as a numbing agent and reduces sensitivity leading to delayed ejaculation. It contains a local anesthetic (mostly lidocaine or benzocaine) and sometimes herbal ingredients.
Delay sprays for premature ejaculation are also known as premature ejaculation sprays, numbing sprays, PE sprays, male genital desensitizer sprays, climax control sprays, topical sprays, or desensitizing sprays.
Lidocaine and benzocaine are the two FDA approved local anesthetics for male genital sprays. Herbal extracts are also approved for use in delay sprays. You have a wide range of options to choose from when it comes to PE delay sprays.
How PE Sprays Work
Almost all delay sprays that delay ejaculation work by reducing the sensitivity of your penis. This is done by the active ingredient in the spray which is normally a local anesthetic like lidocaine or benzocaine. Local anesthetics block signals in the nerve endings from reaching your brain. This reduces sensitivity and you might feel numbness in your penis which results in a significant delay in orgasm during sexual intercourse.
The desensitizing sprays that use herbs and plant extracts work in the same way. They use natural desensitizing agents that work as topical anesthetics and reduce the sensitivity of your penis.
How to Use Numbing Sprays
Follow these steps to use delay spray accurately:
- Wash your penis with water before applying numbing spray
- Shake the spray bottle to mix ingredients evenly
- Apply 1 to 3 jets on your penis head and shaft by keeping the spray bottle at least 10 cm away from your penis
- Massage spray evenly on the penis with your hand
- Wait for 5 to 15 minutes and let the spray absorb completely
- Wash your penis after 15 minutes or when all the spray is absorbed, and you feel numbness in your penis
- Have sexual intercourse
- Wash your penis after intercourse to remove all the particles of the anesthetic from your penis.
Pros and Cons
- An effective solution to premature ejaculation
- Multiple options to choose from including benzocaine sprays, lidocaine delay sprays, and herbal numbing sprays for penis
- Delay sprays are easy to use and work quickly
- Easily available online without any prescription
- Delay sprays are manufactured and sold by several companies
- You can easily control the numbing intensity with the number of pumps.
- It is hard to find the exact number of jets that work best for you
- A bit problematic as you don’t have full control when using a delay spray.
Delay Wipes Vs Spray
Here are the major differences between a delay wipe and delay spray for premature ejaculation:
- Effectiveness (Winner: Delay sprays)
- Availability (Winner: Delay sprays)
- Application procedure (Winner: Delay wipes)
- Price (Winner: Delay wipes).
Delay sprays are more effective than premature ejaculation wipes.
Numbing sprays are allowed to use lidocaine which is a stronger local anesthetic than benzocaine. This makes lidocaine sprays more effective than other desensitizing products. The only topical anesthetic delay wipes can use is benzocaine which makes them slightly less effective.
The other thing that makes topical penis sprays more effective than delay wipes is that you can easily control the concentration of the spray. If 3 jets don’t work, add 2 more jets to increase the numbing effect. This isn’t as easy as premature ejaculation wipes where you have to use a new wipe for increasing its efficacy.
Delay sprays are easily available in the market while a few companies sell premature ejaculation wipes.
Desensitizing sprays are easily available in the market. Several leading companies like K-Y and Trojan manufacture and sell delay sprays. Delay wipes are also getting popular, but they aren’t as readily available yet. There are a few companies that manufacture and sell premature ejaculation wipes.
The availability, in general, isn’t an issue for both premature ejaculation wipes and sprays.
3. Application Procedure
Premature ejaculation sprays are comparatively less user-friendly as compared to PE wipes.
Delay spray gives you more control over the topical anesthetic and you can easily increase and decrease its quantity. However, the spray is a bit messy as it is an unnatural process.
Premature ejaculation wipes do not let you control the quantity of the anesthetic easily. You can still do it by using additional wipes, but it isn’t as easy as delay spray. Using wipes is much easier than delay spray. Using a wipe is a more natural way than a delay spray.
In terms of the application procedure, delay wipes take the lead.
PE sprays are more expensive than wipes.
The average cost of a delay spray bottle is higher than a pack of numbing wipes. For example, a bottle of VigRX Delay Spray is priced at $49.95 which is enough for a month. A pack of VigRX Delay Wipes is priced at $29.95 which has 10 wipes and is enough for a month.
The difference is consistent across all brands. So, you will always find PE wipes at a much lower price than delay sprays.
Who Should Use Delay Wipes
Premature ejaculation wipes are best for:
- Men who need mild numbness and don’t want to lose sensation completely
- Those who are allergic to lidocaine as PE wipes do not contain lidocaine
- Men who need a pocket-friendly desensitizing product that’s easy to use
- Men who need a cheap desensitizing product.
Shop for the best delay wipes.
Who Should Use Delay Spray
PE delay spray is ideal for:
- Those who need a strong numbing effect as delay sprays are available in both benzocaine and lidocaine anesthetics
- Men who need a lot of variety and options to choose from
- Men who don’t mind massaging their penis before sexual intercourse
- Those who aren’t price sensitive and can spend a few extra dollars on a delay spray.
Shop for the best delay sprays.
Do Delay Wipes Work?
Yes, delay wipes work by reducing the sensitivity of your penis. Climax control wipes contain benzocaine which numbs your penis and makes you last longer in bed.
What Wipes Make You Last Longer?
Benzocaine wipes make you last longer in bed. Benzocaine is approved by the FDA for use in premature ejaculation wipes so it is recommended to use benzocaine-based wipes for delaying ejaculation. Check out this list of the best delay wipes for PE.
How Long Do Climax Delay Wipes Last?
On average, a climax delay wipe lasts between 30 to 60 minutes. The actual time might vary from person to person and depends on several factors such as concentration of topical anesthetic, active ingredients used in the wipe, where and how you applied the wipe on your penis, medical conditions, skin sensitivity, and others.
Which Spray is Best for Long Lasting in Bed?
Here is a list of the best sprays to last longer in bed:
1. VigRX Delay Spray
2. K-Y Duration Delay Spray
3. Trojan Delay Spray
4. Promescent Delay spray
5. Stud 100 Spray.
How Much Longer Do You Last with Delay Spray?
The average increase in ejaculation time after using a delay spray is between 6 to 11 minutes, according to several studies. In some cases, a delay spray can make you last up to 8x longer in bed with a satisfaction rate of up to 82%.
Is Delay Wipes or Spray Better?
Both delay wipes and premature ejaculation spray have their ups and downs.
Premature ejaculation wipes are low-cost, mild, and easy to use. Delay sprays are strong and available from several sellers. Depending on your preferences, you can choose the desensitizing product for PE that suits your needs.
If you need a cost-effective and mild topical product, choose a delay wipe from this list.
If you need a strong numbing effect irrespective of price, buy a delay spray from this list.
Updated: May 1, 2023