Desensitizing products for premature ejaculation (PE) make you last longer in bed and provide an instant solution to PE. Delay creams are pocket-friendly and easy-to-use that do a great job at delaying ejaculation. What is the best desensitizing cream for premature ejaculation? And how to pick the right one?
We have listed the top 10 best desensitizing creams for premature ejaculation with their pros and cons to help you choose the one that’s right for you.
Table of Contents
What is a Desensitizing Cream?
A desensitizing cream, also known as numbing cream, delay cream, or topical cream, is applied topically (externally) on the penis which desensitizes your penis and makes you last longer in bed. Numbing creams provide an effective premature ejaculation solution by helping men who are suffering from PE overcome their disorder and delay orgasm.
However, anyone can use a delay cream to delay ejaculation as you don’t need a prescription to buy them. If you are interested in lasting longer in bed even if you are perfectly fine, you can use a desensitizing cream.
There are two types of numbing creams:
- Topical anesthetic: These delay creams have a local anesthetic that numbs your penis
- Herbal formula: These desensitizing creams are made of natural, herbal ingredients.
Both types of delay creams work in the same way: By reducing penis sensitivity.
How Do Numbing Creams Work?
Desensitizing creams for men work by reducing the sensation of your penis which leads to a delay in ejaculation. The reduction in sensitivity or penis numbness delays the ejaculatory reflex which is initiated by your brain as a response to stimulation.
Here is a breakdown of how a desensitizing cream works:
- You apply the cream to your penis
- The active ingredient of the cream blocks signals in nerve endings
- The signals do not reach your brain, so your brain fails to begin the ejaculatory reflex as a response to stimulation
- The signals in nerve endings are blocked temporarily – not permanently
- As soon as your brain receives signals, it initiates the ejaculatory reflex that leads to ejaculation.
In simple words, the cream on your penis numbs your penis which helps you last longer in bed. The lasting duration depends on the numbing effect. Higher numbness will significantly delay orgasm whereas mild numbness will trigger ejaculation quickly (but still with delay).
Best Desensitizing Creams for Premature Ejaculation
Here is a list of the top numbing creams to last longer in bed:
|Desensitizing Cream||Active Ingredient||FDA Guidelines Followed||Discreet Packaging||Price per Ounce||Where to Buy|
|1. Doc Johnson Power Plus Delay Cream [Overall Best]||Benzocaine 7.5%||Yes||Yes||$6.43/ ounce||Shop Here|
|2. Doc Johnson Prolonging Delay Desensitizing Cream [Best for Sexual Desire]||Benzocaine 7.5%||Yes||Yes||$8.47/ounce||Shop Here|
|3. Edge Delay Gel for Men [Best Herbal Formula]||Herbal||Yes||-||$99.79/ounce||Shop Here|
|4. Mandelay Male Genital Desensitizer [Best budget-friendly]||Benzocaine 7.5%||Yes||No||$3.05/ounce||Shop Here|
|5. Doc Johnson Sta-Erect Delay Cream for Men||Benzocaine 7.5%||Yes||Yes||$7.49/ounce||Shop Here|
|6. XESSO Max Prolong Male Desensitizing Cream||Benzocaine 7.5%||Yes||Yes||$6.50/ounce||Shop Here|
|7. STA-HARD Desensitizing Cream||Benzocaine 7.5%||Yes||-||$9.99/ounce||Shop Here|
|8. Do Me Longer Delay Cream||Lidocaine 4%||No||No||$19.99/ounce||Shop Here|
|9. Pure Romance Up All Night||Benzocaine 10%||No||-||$9/ounce||Shop Here|
|10. AlphaMale Delay Cream||Lidocaine 4%||No||-||$19.99/ounce||Shop Here|
1. Overall Best: Doc Johnson Power Plus Delay Cream
Power Plus Delay Cream is manufactured by Doc Johnson which is a leading American pleasure product company. It contains benzocaine 7.5% as an active ingredient which does a good job of reducing sensitivity during sexual intercourse. It is an ideal cream for premature ejaculation and one of the oldest ones on the market.
It has been in the market since 2005. In 2016, a new and improved formula of the Power + Delay Cream was introduced which contains corynanthe yohimbe bark extract as an inactive ingredient. Yohimbine or yohimbe is an ancient African herb that is scientifically proven in multiple studies to be effective for premature ejaculation. It is quite helpful in the treatment of PE as it improves ejaculatory function.
So, it uses both a topical anesthetic and plant extracts for the treatment of premature ejaculation and helps you last longer in bed.
- Strong formula as it contains benzocaine as well as herbs for delaying orgasm
- Follows FDA directions for benzocaine usage in male genital products
- It is odorless and partially tasteless
- Works quickly and the numbing effect lasts up to an hour
- Manufactured in the USA by a reputable company
- Discreet packaging and billing
- Low-priced and affordable.
- Even though the company claims the cream to be tasteless, it does have a taste that, in some cases, doesn’t go away even after washing or wiping your penis. Might not be suitable for oral sex.
2. Best for Sexual Desire: Doc Johnson Prolonging Delay Cream
Prolonging Delay Cream is another desensitizing cream by Doc Johnson that has benzocaine 7.5% like Power +, but it contains ginseng extract instead of yohimbe. This is the only difference between Power + and Prolonging Delay Creams.
Panax ginseng root extract is an inactive ingredient used in the Prolonging Cream that has a lot of health benefits. Ginseng is a natural aphrodisiac that increases sexual desire. A study reported that ginseng improves sexual stamina and desire in men.
If you want to boost sexual desire and sex drive with delay in ejaculation, you should go with Prolonging Delay Cream by Doc Johnson whereas Power Plus Delay Cream should be your preference if you are suffering from premature ejaculation as it is more suitable for PE patients.
- Contains benzocaine 7.5% which is FDA approved concentration
- It has panax ginseng root extract that increases sex desire
- Works quickly and lasts up to an hour
- Odorless and free from sugar and glycerin
- It is non-sticky which makes it easy to wipe offer after use
- Discreet packaging and billing.
- A bit pricey than Power + and other delay creams
- Not completely tasteless as advertised.
3. Best Herbal Formula: Edge Delay Gel for Men
Edge Delay Gel is marketed as a gel and since its characteristics are similar to a cream, we have included it in our list of the best desensitizing creams for premature ejaculation. It is an all-herbal delay gel manufactured in Australia by a company known as Sensuous. Edge Delay Cream for Men doesn’t numb you and is ideal for men who need a non-numbing desensitizing cream.
The major ingredients include ginkgo biloba leaf, panax pseudoginseng root, horny goat weed leaf, catuaba bark extract, jojoba oil, velvet bean, Tribulus fruit, and uncaria gambir. It slightly reduces the sensitivity of your penis and the effect is too mild, but it does help you last longer in bed.
- Made from natural ingredients
- Non-numbing formula with no side effects
- Pocket-friendly tube
- Maintain erection and let you enjoy sex with full sensation.
- It’s very expensive, especially the bottle size is too small (7 ml) which is enough for 30 applications only
- It isn’t as effective as other desensitizing creams as it won’t numb you.
4. Best Budget-Friendly: Mandelay Male Genital Desensitizer
Mandelay Male Genital Desensitizer is manufactured by Majestic Drug Co., which is a reputable US-based pharmaceutical company. It contains benzocaine 7.5% and it does a good job of reducing sensitivity and numbing your penis.
The numbing effect is a bit stronger than other benzocaine 7.5% delay creams, and this might be due to its non-active ingredients. Mandelay Desensitizing Cream is compatible with condoms.
- Follows FDA guidelines for benzocaine concentration
- It doesn’t contain multiple non-active ingredients like other desensitizing creams. This makes it nearly organic benzocaine
- Manufactured in the US
- Works with condoms.
- It is greasy and isn’t easy to wipe off
- Expensive than other numbing creams. It offers 1 ounce of cream while most of the other desensitizing creams have 2 ounces.
5. Doc Johnson Sta-Erect Delay Cream
Sta-Erect is another delay cream by Doc Johnson that has benzocaine 7.5% as its active ingredient. It contains pheromone that makes it different from Power + and Prolonging Delay Creams. In terms of topical anesthetic, all three delay creams by Doc Johnson have benzocaine 7.5%, so you will get the same numbing effect from all three.
Pheromone is a chemical that acts outside of your body as a hormone. Pheromones trigger certain hormones or behavior in the receiving person (your sex partner). These are more common in animals where they use pheromones to give different signals like mating. Pheromone extract in Sta-Erect Delay Cream improves sexual desire and it may enhance the sex drive of your sex partner.
Sta-Erect Delay Cream is best for those who need to boost sex desire and want to appear more attractive to their sex partner along with delaying ejaculation. Benzocaine will do its job of reducing sensitivity while pheromone will boost mutual sexual desire.
- Benzocaine 7.5% is as per FDA guidelines
- It may boost sex desire of your partner
- Odorless formula with non-sticky cream making it easy to wipe
- Works quickly and lasts up to an hour
- Discreet packaging and billing.
- Not suitable for oral sex as it has a weird taste.
6. XESSO Max Prolong Male Desensitizing Cream
The Max Prolong Male Desensitizing Cream by XESSO is a benzocaine-based delay cream that contains ginseng root extracts. It has a 7.5% benzocaine concentration which is exactly as per FDA guidelines. The minor traces of panax ginseng root extract make it similar to the Doc Johnson Prolonging Delay Cream.
According to customer reviews, the delay cream by XESSO has better numbing power than Doc Jonhson’s Prolonging Delay Cream and this is because XESSO Max Prolong Delay Cream uses multiple herbal ingredients instead of synthetic chemicals (as you find in Doc Johnson).
XESSO Max Prolong Delay Cream is suitable for men who want to boost sexual stamina and drive along with delaying orgasm.
- It has benzocaine along with an herbal formula that makes it a strong numbing cream
- The cream texture is silky-watery as opposed to greasy making it easy to wipe off
- The airless pack system allows you to get cream out of the tube easily and quickly
- Pocket-friendly size
- It is unscented and unflavored
- Discreet packaging with free returns
- Made in the USA.
- The numbing effect isn’t as strong as some of the other desensitizing creams.
7. STA-HARD Male Genital Desensitizer
STA-HARD Desensitizing Cream is a benzocaine-based delay cream manufactured by California Exotic Novelties. It is manufactured in the USA and contains benzocaine 7.5% as an active ingredient. It also contains traces of ginseng and L-arginine. Ginseng has aphrodisiac properties, and it improves sex drive while L-arginine improves blood flow to your penis which improves erection.
So, Sta-Hard Delay Cream is a combination of both benzocaine and herbs that make it a good choice for men who want to last longer in bed.
- A combination of herbs and benzocaine that significantly improves the efficacy
- The texture is silky which makes it easy to absorb and wipe off
- Manufactured in the USA and comes from a reputable company
- It comes with a one-year brand warranty.
- Expensive than most of the desensitizing creams in the market
- No information about discreet packaging.
8. Do Me Longer Delay Cream
This lidocaine cream comes from a company called Do Me which manufactures a wide range of erotic products. The Do Me Longer Delay Cream contains 4% lidocaine which makes it quite effective. Since lidocaine is stronger than benzocaine, you will be able to last much longer in bed with this desensitizing cream (as opposed to a benzocaine delay cream).
It also contains a few herbs including tea tree oil and arnica Montana flower extract. Tea tree oil is an antibacterial while arnica extract helps in wound healing and bruises. These ingredients minimize the side effects of lidocaine which mostly contain skin rash and itching, and at the same time, these herbs ensure that your penis doesn’t get hurt by friction.
You need to apply this cream differently for the best results. The exact procedure for application is stated on the label. You need to apply it to your testicles, penis head, and penis shaft. The effect lasts up to 3 hours. It also comes with 365 days money back guarantee.
- A lidocaine desensitizing cream that works exceptionally well
- Contains herbal ingredients to improve skin health and sexual experience
- Works exceptionally well and lasts up to 3 hours
- Manufactured in the USA
- It has a decent smell
- Comes with a whopping 365 days money back guarantee.
- Lidocaine isn’t approved by the FDA for use in male genital products other than delay sprays, so this cream doesn’t follow FDA guidelines
- It might completely numb your penis which might lead to loss of erection
- No discreet packaging
- Expensive than other desensitizing creams.
9. Pure Romance Up All Night
Up All Night by Pure Performance is a benzocaine desensitizing cream for premature ejaculation. The company has been in business for over 25 years. The company manufactures a wide range of skincare and sexual enhancement products. Up All Night contains benzocaine 10% which is the highest for any delay cream, and it is well over the FDA guidelines of 7.5%.
Due to a high concentration of benzocaine, Up All Night works better than most of the other desensitizing creams. It comes in cherry limeade flavor which makes it smell and taste good.
- A high concentration of benzocaine makes it quite effective
- Works immediately and helps you last much longer in bed
- It has a cherry limeade flavor that, however, feels icy hot (as recommended by several customers).
- Might numb your penis completely
- It doesn’t follow FDA guidelines and the benzocaine percentage is higher than what’s recommended by the FDA for OTC desensitizing products
- Expensive than other delay creams.
10. AlphaMale Delay Cream
AlphaMale Delay Cream is a lidocaine cream which makes it very effective in delaying ejaculation. It contains 4% lidocaine which isn’t as per FDA recommendations.
Since lidocaine is a strong topical anesthetic, you might feel completely numb down there after using AlphaMale Delay Cream. It might lead to skin rash, itching, and discomfort if used excessively. In terms of effectiveness, it works without issues.
- An effective desensitizing cream for premature ejaculation
- Lidocaine makes it great at numbing and reducing penis sensitivity
- It delays ejaculation by a few good minutes
- Great customer reviews.
- FDA doesn’t allow the use of lidocaine in the form of delay creams, so it doesn’t follow FDA guidelines
- It might lead to complete numbness which might negatively impact the erection
What is the Right Delay Cream for You?
Doc Johnson Power Plus Delay Cream is the best desensitizing cream for premature ejaculation. It follows FDA guidelines, is manufactured by a reputable company, and works great.
When choosing a desensitizing cream for PE, the most important factor to consider is its active ingredient. Benzocaine is the only approved topical anesthetic for over-the-counter desensitizing creams. Other local anesthetics aren’t approved for OTC desensitizing creams, you should consult a doctor and get a prescription to use lidocaine delay creams.
The maximum concentration for benzocaine allowed by the FDA is 7.5%. Make sure your desensitizing cream doesn’t exceed 7.5% as it might get lethal and lead to severe side effects.
Besides benzocaine, herbal ingredients are also an option. Herbal desensitizing creams do not necessarily numb your penis, but these do not have side effects like benzocaine creams.
Other factors are secondary that include price, discreet packaging, numbing duration, etc.
Choose the right desensitizing cream to last longer in bed from our list and get to business.
Updated: August 17, 2023