This post contains affiliate links. We earn commissions if you buy through an affiliate link with no additional cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
The ingredients of the delay spray should be the first thing you should see as they have a direct impact on your skin and health. VigRX Delay Spray is one of the most popular delay sprays for premature ejaculation that is known to help you last longer in bed. But little is known about the VigRX Delay Spray ingredients and how effective and safe they are.
We have gone through all the VigRX Spray ingredients and the purpose of each in this article:
Table of Contents
What is VigRX Delay Spray?
VigRX Delay Spray is a topical desensitizing spray that helps you last longer in bed by delaying ejaculation. It is ideal for men suffering from premature ejaculation and for men who want to last longer in bed to spice up sexual intercourse.
It is manufactured and marketed by Leading Edge Health Inc. which is a reputable and quite old health company that manufactures men’s health products mostly from herbs and plant extracts.
VigRX premature ejaculation spray is made from benzocaine (a topical anesthetic) and herbs. It works by reducing the sensitivity of your penis that helps you delay climax and last longer in bed during sexual intercourse.
How Does VigRX Delay Spray Work?
The VigRX PE Spray works by numbing your penis leading to a reduction in penis sensitivity. The numbing effect isn’t as strong as some of the other delay sprays. It contains benzocaine which is milder than lidocaine. Benzocaine is a topical anesthetic approved by the FDA for use in delay sprays for men.
When you apply VigRX desensitizing spray on your penis, it blocks nerve signals that cause slight numbness. It is the same phenomenon used in painkillers and topical anesthetics. They block certain signals from reaching the brain which reduces sensitivity temporarily.
So, when you apply VigRX Spray on your penis head and shaft, it reduces sensitivity and makes you last longer in bed. When your penis has its sensitivity reduced, you won’t feel the sexual sensation as strongly as you normally do (without a delay product) and this increases ejaculation duration significantly.
How to Use VigRX Delay Spray
Using VigRX climax control spray is easy and hassle-free. You need to apply 1-3 jets on your penis at least 10 minutes before sexual intercourse. Follow these steps to use VigRX Spray for better results:
- Wash your penis before application
- Keep the spray bottle at least 10 cm away from your penis
- Apply 1 to 3 spray pumps on your penis head and shaft. Make sure you don’t exceed 20 sprays in 24 hours
- Gently massage your penis head and shaft to spread and absorb the spray
- Wait for at least 10 minutes (as recommended by Leading Edge Health Inc.)
- Wash your penis with water before sexual intercourse to avoid passing the numbing effect to your partner
- Have sexual intercourse as normal
- Wash your penis after intercourse.
Check out this step-by-step guide and infographic on how to use delay spray for more details.
VigRX Delay Spray Ingredients
VigRX Delay Spray is made from a mix of natural ingredients and topical anesthetic. Here is a list of the ingredients used in VigRX PE Spray:
- Benzocaine: Also known as ethyl aminobenzoate. It is the active ingredient used in the VigRX Spray that acts as a numbing agent
- Propylene glycol: It is used to absorb water that helps maintain the structure and texture of the spray
- Purified water: Distilled water is used as a solvent and for emulsion in VigRX Delay Spray
- Cherry flavor: A slight cherry flavoring is added to avoid the smell of ingredients
- Licorice extract: Licorice root is used as an herbal remedy with several skin benefits. It reduces skin inflammation, acne, and other skin issues. It cancels the side effects of benzocaine by promoting skin health
- Cinnamon bark extract: It has several health and medicinal benefits. Cinnamon is used in VigRX climax control spray for its anti-viral properties as it is known to reduce bacterial and fungal infections
- Panax ginseng: It is used in VigRX Delay Spray for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Being an ancient Asian herb, panax ginseng is known for its medicinal benefits
- Raspberry extract: Raspberries and their extract is scientifically known to have antioxidant properties and a reason why Leading Edge Health has used raspberry extract in VigRX Spray
- Ginkgo biloba leaf extract: It is popular for its several health benefits but lead extract when applied topically on the skin helps treat acne and skin inflammation. It is used in VigRX Delay Spray to offset the side effects of benzocaine that include skin irritation, itching, redness, and others
- Paeonia albiflora root extract: It is extensively used in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) for its benefits. Among several health benefits, Peony root extract reduces skin hyperpigmentation (a condition where some skin areas get darker than others)
- Wild yam root extract: It is used in anti-aging skin creams as it is scientifically known to increase the growth of new skin cells. It also reduces hyperpigmentation. These benefits make it a great herb for offsetting the side effects of VigRX Delay Spray
- Cimifuga racemosa root extract: Also known as black cohosh. It helps improve skin texture and appearance
- Angelica sinensis: It is an ancient herb used for skin brightness and to remove patches
- Turnera aphrodisiaca extract: It is an aphrodisiac herb with scientifically proven sexual benefits for men. It improves stamina and energy during sexual intercourse
- Potassium sorbate: It is a mild preservative that’s used in cosmetics and skincare products. In VigRX Delay Spray it keeps the spray stable at room temperature and helps keep all the ingredients together
- Calcium saccharin: It is a common flavoring agent used in cosmetics. It gives a nice flavor and fragrance to VigRX premature ejaculation spray
- Sodium hydroxide: A common pH balancer used in skincare products. It maintains the pH of VigRX Delay Spray
- Citric acid: It has tons of skin benefits such as promoting skin health, dead cell removal, skin pore unclogging, skin toning, and more.
Most of the herbs and extracts in VigRX Delay Spray are used to promote skin health and offset the negative effects of benzocaine which might irritate or rash your skin. The herbs used in the spray help you avoid these negative effects.
Is VigRX Delay Spray FDA Approved?
Yes, VigRX Delay Spray is FDA approved and follows FDA quality and safety standards.
There are multiple ways the FDA ensures the safety and approval of over-the-counter products. One such method is known as the OTC drug monograph system. All the OTC products that use the monograph system have to list all the ingredients clearly on the label as found in the OTC monograph. FDA has listed active ingredients to be used for certain medical conditions in the OTC monograph here. OTC products that follow FDA monograph directions don’t need any approval or review from the FDA and can be marketed and sold to consumers.
So, the FDA has listed medical conditions, allowed active ingredients, uses, concentrations, labeling instructions, and other information for OTC drugs and any drug that adheres to these guidelines is considered Generally Recognized as Safe and Effective (GRASE).
FDA has allowed benzocaine for the treatment of premature ejaculation and use in male genital desensitizer sprays. This means OTC delay sprays that use benzocaine as an active ingredient are safe for use. Read more about benzocaine approval by the FDA in this article.
VigRX Delay Spray follows the FDA monograph and uses benzocaine (along with herbs that require no approval from FDA). This makes it safe for use and, technically, FDA approved premature ejaculation spray. However, it must be noted that FDA does not approve OTC products including delay sprays. Any delay spray that uses benzocaine (or lidocaine) as an active ingredient is safe for use.
VigRX Delay Spray is, therefore, safe for use as it follows FDA instructions.
How Long Does VigRX Delay Spray Last?
VigRX Delay Spray lasts between 30 to 60 minutes. The numbing effect of the spray depends on the number of sprays you have applied to your penis. More spray pumps mean the effect will last much longer and if you have sprayed it only once or twice, it won’t last much longer.
Does VigRX Delay Spray Work?
Yes, it works in delaying climax and helps you last longer in bed. VigRX Spray contains benzocaine which is an FDA approved topical anesthetic for delaying ejaculation in men. So, it works without an issue.
Is VigRX Delay Spray Safe?
Yes, generally it is safe to use. Benzocaine, which is the active ingredient in VigRX Delay Spray, has a few rare side effects that include skin itching, skin rash, skin irritation, redness, and other skin related issues. The herbs in VigRX Delay Spray do a good job of offsetting these side effects by promoting skin health.
Is VigRX the Best Delay Spray to Last Longer in Bed?
Yes, it is one of the best delay sprays for premature ejaculation and lasting longer in bed. What makes VigRX Delay Spray different from other benzocaine premature ejaculation sprays is that it has added several herbs and plant extracts that promote skin health. These herbs minimize the side effects of benzocaine and avoid skin rash, itching, and blistering.
If you have sensitive skin, you should use VigRX Spray on your penis instead of other benzocaine delay sprays that don’t have any herbs or ingredients to promote skin health.