This post contains affiliate links. We earn commissions if you buy through an affiliate link with no additional cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
Yes, almonds cure premature ejaculation as they contain essential nutrients like folate, zinc, and magnesium which are scientifically proven to help delay ejaculation and give men more control over ejaculatory muscles.
But most men don’t know how many almonds they need on a daily basis to permanently treat premature ejaculation (PE).
Keep reading to find out …
Table of Contents
What Are Almonds?
Almond is a tree nut that belongs to the rose family. Almonds are native to southwestern Asia and typically grow in Mediterranean climates. California is one of the biggest producers of almonds and contributes up to 80% of the total global almonds.
Almonds are considered nuts but they are tree nuts and edible seeds of the rose family tree.
It is a rich source of multiple nutrients. A single almond has the following nutrition:
- Energy: 6.95 kcal
- Protein: 0.25 g
- Fat: 0.6 g
- Fiber: 0.15 g
- Calcium: 3.23 mg
- Magnesium: 3.24 mg
- Zinc: 0.037 mg
- Vitamin E: 0.31 mg
- Folate: 0.53 µg.
Almond Health Benefits
Here are the major benefits of almonds backed by science:
- Cholesterol level management: Almonds have unsaturated fat that improves your blood cholesterol level. A review study reported that almonds are helpful in the management of cholesterol levels. Consuming 45 g of almonds per day is advisable for a healthy heart and managing cholesterol levels.
- Control blood sugar: Almonds are helpful in the management of blood sugar. A study reported that eating 60 g of almonds per day for 12 weeks can significantly improve blood sugar levels and blood lipid levels.
- Reduce appetite: Protein and fiber in almonds and both protein and fiber keep you full and help in controlling appetite. A 4-week study reported that consuming 43 g of almonds a day can significantly reduce hunger.
- Weight management: When you eat less, it gets easier to manage weight. Almonds aren’t just high in protein and fiber but they have low carbs. A meta-analysis of 78 studies reported that almonds play a significant role in body weight and it is the only nut that reduces weight.
- Antioxidant properties: Almonds are a rich source of antioxidants making them helpful in reducing inflammation and reducing the risk of cancer. A meta-analysis revealed that eating up to 60 g of almonds per day reduces inflammation in the body.
- Minimize cancer risk: Some studies have reported that vitamin E in almonds helps in protecting against certain types of cancer. A study reported that vitamin E has certain cancer-preventing abilities.
- Improve heart health: Almonds are quite helpful for improving heart health mainly due to vitamin E and antioxidants. A study highlighted that almonds improve heart health by improving vascular function in men aged between 20-70 years.
Do Almonds Cure Premature Ejaculation?
Yes, almonds can improve premature ejaculation by helping men last longer in bed with more control over ejaculation. This is primarily due to magnesium, zinc, and folate in almonds.
One study reported that a reduction in magnesium levels in the human body leads to PE. Another study evaluated the magnesium levels in men suffering from PE and found that men who suffer from premature ejaculation have low levels of magnesium in their semen as compared to healthy men. This is an indication that men who have low magnesium levels are more likely to suffer from premature ejaculation.
Other studies also linked premature ejaculation and low levels of magnesium. And increasing magnesium levels improves premature ejaculation and the ability to control and delay ejaculation during intercourse.
Almonds are a rich source of magnesium and a single almond contains up to 3.24 mg of magnesium. An ounce of almonds provides you with 80 mg of magnesium and your body only needs 420 mg per day of magnesium.
In a study, zinc supplements helped men who were suffering from lifelong premature ejaculation increase their ejaculation duration from 73 seconds to 102 seconds. A study on rats increased ejaculation duration by up to 15 minutes when rats were given 5 mg of zinc per day for 14 days.
A single almond contains 0.037 mg of zinc and your body’s daily requirement of zinc is 11 mg. So, almonds due to zinc can help you manage premature ejaculation.
Folate is another vital nutrient that’s readily found in almonds. Multiple studies reported the benefits of consuming folate for managing premature ejaculation.
A systematic review reported that folate is a more effective, safer, and cheaper method to treat premature ejaculation than SSRIs. Increasing the intake of folate (or folic acid) helps men get rid of premature ejaculation permanently. Studies have shown that taking folate in combination with an antidepressant (such as paroxetine) increases ejaculation duration by 8.24 minutes. Other studies reported that taking folate alone is quite helpful in the management of PE and other sexual disorders.
You need up to 400 micrograms of folate per day and a single almond has 0.53 micrograms. Eating a few almonds will fulfill your body’s folate needs and will help you treat premature ejaculation.
Overall, almonds are quite helpful in curing premature ejaculation as they are rich sources of magnesium, zinc, and folate all of which are scientifically proven to treat premature ejaculation.
Does Almonds Make You Last Longer in Bed?
Yes, almonds make you last longer in bed as they are a rich source of several nutrients that are helpful in delaying orgasm.
Men who are not suffering from premature ejaculation can also benefit from almonds. This is because almonds help you get necessary magnesium, zinc, and folate and these are essential nutrients that give you more control over ejaculatory muscles.
Importantly, not having a deficiency of any of these three nutrients keeps you away from premature ejaculation which means you can last as long in bed as you want.
So, almonds through its healthy nutrients make you last longer in bed and this is based on scientific evidence from multiple clinical trials.
How Many Almonds to Eat Per Day for Premature Ejaculation?
You should consume 42.5 g or 1.5 ounces of almonds per day to last longer in bed. This will help you manage premature ejaculation by fulfilling your body’s zinc, magnesium, and folate needs.
According to USFDA, consuming 1.5 ounces of nuts per day is safe and healthy. This equates to 42.5 g which is roughly 30-35 almonds per day.
So, you should ideally consume 1.5 ounces of almonds per day.
This is backed by scientific evidence as well.
A meta-analysis reported that 42.5 g of almond consumption per day is linked with multiple health benefits as this is the ideal quantity to consume per day for the best nutrient intake.
If you are suffering from premature ejaculation and want to treat it permanently, you should eat 30-35 almonds per day regularly (or 42.5 g or 1.5 ounces) – whatever you prefer. This will provide you with all the nutrients your body needs to manage ejaculation and you will gain your control back on ejaculatory muscles.
Almonds are pretty helpful for premature ejaculation. Some nutrients in almonds like folate, magnesium, and zinc are scientifically proven to cure PE and make men last longer in bed. Deficiency of these three nutrients leads to premature ejaculation and surplus cures PE and solves ejaculation issues.
If you want to last longer in bed and need a natural remedy, almonds are the answer.
Add almonds to your diet and start consuming them daily. You will see a favorable change bed soon.
But like other home remedies for premature ejaculation, almonds need time. You might not be able to see the result instantly. Ideally, you should eat almonds regularly for months to see a change.
If you want to get rid of premature ejaculation quickly in a few days, you can try other methods like desensitizing products like sprays and wipes.