This post contains affiliate links. We earn commissions if you buy through an affiliate link with no additional cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
VigRX and Promescent delay sprays are the two most popular and most used desensitizing topical sprays for men that help you last longer in bed by delaying ejaculation. But what’s better between VigRX Spray vs Promescent?
If you have to choose one delay spray between VigRX and Promescent, which one should you go with?
Let’s find out how these two delay sprays differ from each other and what’s the right choice for you and when.
There are 3 main differences between VigRX Spray and Promescent Delay Spray:
- VigRX Delay Spray has benzocaine while Promescent Spray has lidocaine as its active ingredient
- VigRX Spray is milder as compared to Promescent Delay Spray
- VigRX Delay Spray is cheaper than Promescent. A single spray of VigRX costs $0.11 whereas the lowest price per spray for Promescent Delay Spray is $0.93.
We recommend VigRX Delay Spray as it is milder, safe, and more cost-effective than Promescent Spray.
Table of Contents
What is VigRX Delay Spray?
VigRX Delay Spray is a non-prescription male genital desensitizing spray manufactured and marketed by Leading Edge Health Inc. It contains benzocaine (a topical anesthetic approved by the FDA for use in male desensitizer topical products).
It increases your ejaculation duration by reducing the sensitivity of your penis. The spray acts quickly and within 10 minutes of application, it will make you feel slight numbness in your penis. You can last longer in bed with more control over ejaculation.
VigRX Delay Spray works with a condom which adds an extra layer of safety and adds a few more minutes to ejaculation time. You can order VigRX spray online and it comes with global shipping across the world (with free shipping in the US). You don’t need any prescription to purchase it, this makes it easy to get a delay spray delivered right to your doorstep in discreet packaging.
How Does VigRX Spray Work?
It works by reducing the sensitivity of your penis without numbing your penis completely. The active ingredient, benzocaine, is a topical anesthetic that blocks nerves in your penis leading to reduced sensitivity.
VigRX Delay Spray is a topical spray which means it needs to be applied on the penis externally:
- Spray up to 3 times on the penis head and shaft
- Massage gently to fully absorb the spray
- Wait for 10 minutes
- Wash your penis
- You are ready for intercourse.
It is important to wash your penis before intercourse to avoid passing the numbing effect to your partner’s vagina. Or use a condom.
How Long Does VigRX Delay Spray Last?
The effect of VigRX spray lasts for 30 to 60 minutes. This means you will feel numbness in your penis for up to 60 minutes. The actual results may vary depending on several factors.
The increase in ejaculation duration after using VigRX Delay Spray is variable. A study reported that using benzocaine 4% for 2 months significantly improves ejaculation duration. Men who used benzocaine 4% increased orgasm duration, on average, by at least 2 minutes.
So, expect at least a 2 minutes increase in ejaculation duration (based on science) if you use VigRX Spray regularly.
Individual results may vary.
VigRX Delay Spray Side Effects
VigRX Delay Spray is generally safe. Benzocaine, the active ingredient, has no major side effects. Here is a list of the possible side effects of VigRX Delay Spray:
- Skin burning
- Skin irritation, itching, redness, and swelling
Only 0.97% of men who use benzocaine experience one or more of these side effects. The probability is quite low, and most men don’t feel any side effects after using VigRX Spray.
VigRX Delay Spray Benefits
The major benefits of VigRX Delay Spray include:
- Made from a mild topical anesthetic that gives you pleasure during intercourse without completely numbing your penis
- Acts quickly in as low as 10 minutes and works with a condom
- No major side effects and generally safe to use
- No prescription is required and can be ordered online with a few clicks
- Comes with a 67-days money back guarantee
- Global shipping with free shipping in the US in discreet packaging with discreet billing.
A single bottle (50 ml) of VigRX Delay Spray costs $49.95 with free shipping in the USA. A bottle is enough for a month as it has approximately 385 sprays. You can get a discount if you order in bulk.
Here is how the price breaks down as you order more:
- 1 x VigRX Delay Spray costs $49.95 ($0.13 per spray)
- 2 x VigRX Delay Spray costs $89.95 ($0.12 per spray)
- 3 x VigRX Delay Spray costs $129.95 ($0.11 per spray).
The lowest cost per spray you get is with a 3-month order with 3 VigRX Delay Spray that costs you $0.11 per spray.
What is Promescent Delay Spray?
Promescent Climax Control Spray is manufactured and marketed by Absorption Pharmaceuticals. It is a non-prescription over-the-counter delay spray that contains 7.7% lidocaine (a topical anesthetic approved by the FDA for use in male genital desensitizer products).
It is stronger than benzocaine as lidocaine is naturally a strong anesthetic. It works in the same way by numbing your penis head and shaft (the most sensitive part of your body) to reduce sensitivity and sensation that leads to a delay in ejaculation.
You can order Promescent Climax Control Spray online without a prescription. It is delivered in discreet packaging making it easier to maintain your privacy. It absorbs quickly in your skin and starts working in as low as 10 minutes. You can use it with a condom too.
How Does Promescent Spray Work?
Promescent Delay Spray contains lidocaine that blocks nerve signals temporarily which leads to numbness and reduced sensitivity in your penis. When the signals from your penis nerves are blocked and can’t reach the brain, it helps you last longer in bed with full control over ejaculation.
Here is how to use Promescent Climax Control Spray:
- Keep the bottle at 90-degree angle from your penis
- Apply 3 to 10 sprays on your penis head and shaft
- Wait for 5 to 10 minutes and let the spray absorb completely
- Wash your penis with water before sexual intercourse
- And wash your penis after intercourse.
How Long Does Promescent Delay Spray Last?
The effect of the Promescent Spray lasts up to an hour. This is an average duration that varies for different people. You can control the lasting duration by increasing or decreasing the number of sprays (the maximum number of sprays shouldn’t exceed 10).
More sprays mean more effect and the numbing effect will last longer.
The increase in ejaculation duration after using Promescent Delay Spray is variable. A study reported that men who use lidocaine 5% spray for 8 weeks reported a significant increase in ejaculation duration. The ejaculation time increased from 36 seconds to 6.26 minutes. It shows an average increase of 4.5 minutes in ejaculation duration after using lidocaine spray consistently.
Individual results may vary.
Promescent Delay Spray Side Effects
Lidocaine is the active ingredient used in Promescent Spray and since it is stronger than benzocaine, it has more severe side effects, but they are all rare.
The side effects include:
- Skin irritation and itching
- Heartbeat issues
- Swelling and rash
- Joint pain.
Promescent Climax Control Spray Benefits
Here are the key benefits of Promescent Spray for men:
- Manufactured in the US using lidocaine that is scientifically proven to delay ejaculation
- Acts in 5 to 15 minutes and the effect lasts up to an hour
- You can order it online without any prescription
- Works with condoms
- No major side effects as long as you don’t overuse it
- Discreet packaging with a 60-days money back guarantee.
Promescent Climax Delay Spray comes with two different bottles and two different pricing strategies. The bottles include:
- A 2.6 ml bottle that’s priced at $22.95. It has 20 sprays and a single spray costs $1.15
- A 7.4 ml bottle with a price tag of $59.95. It contains 60 sprays and a single spray costs $1.
You can switch to a subscription pricing model to save 7% on your purchase. The price per spray reduces when you switch to a subscription plan:
- Subscription for 2.6 ml Promescent Spray costs $21.34 ($1.07 per spray)
- Subscription for 7.4 ml Promescent Spray costs $55.75 ($0.93 per spray).
You get the lowest price with a subscription plan of 7.4 ml bottle where a single spray costs you $0.93.
VigRX Spray Vs Promescent Delay Spray
The major difference between Promescent and VigRX Delay Sprays is the topical anesthetic, effectiveness, and price.
VigRX Delay Spray uses benzocaine while Promescent Spray has lidocaine.
Both benzocaine and lidocaine are topical anesthetics approved by the FDA for use in male genital desensitizer products. There are several differences between the two topical anesthetics with the major being that benzocaine is mild whereas lidocaine is stronger.
This eventually translates into their effectiveness.
Promescent Delay Spray is stronger than VigRX Delay Spray.
This is because lidocaine is a stronger topical anesthetic than benzocaine. VigRX Delay spray has benzocaine which makes its effect mild. It won’t numb your penis rather you will only feel a slight reduction in the sensitivity of your penis.
Promescent Delay Spray has lidocaine which has a stronger effect and it is more likely to numb your penis.
This means Promescent Spray will make you last much longer in bed than VigRX Spray.
VigRX Delay Spray is much cheaper than Promescent Climax Control Spray.
The lowest price per spray you get with VigRX Delay Spray is $0.11 if you order 3 bottles. On the other hand, the lowest price you get with Promescent Delay Spray is $0.93 per spray with its subscription plan for the 7.4 ml bottle.
Generally, a single bottle of VigRX Delay spray has 50 ml spray while Promescent Spray only contains 7.4 ml and the price difference between them is huge. A VigRX Spray bottle is priced at $49.95 whereas a bottle of Promescent Delay Spray costs $59.95.
Who is VigRX Delay Spray For?
VigRX premature ejaculation spray is best for:
- Men who need a mild delay spray with minimal side effects
- Beginners who are new to using delay sprays or any other topical product on their genitals
- Those who want to enjoy sex and don’t want to lose sensitivity completely
- Men who need a cost-effective and cheap delay spray
- Men who are allergic to lidocaine. The only alternative is a benzocaine delay spray for you.
Who is Promescent Delay Spray For?
Promescent Spray is best for:
- Men who need high effectiveness and want complete numbness
- Those who have used other delay sprays and they don’t seem to work or stopped working
- Men who don’t mind completely numbing their penis
- Those who don’t mind spending more money and aren’t cost conscious
- Men who are allergic to benzocaine. The only alternative is lidocaine delay spray.
Which Spray is Best to Last Longer in Bed?
VigRX Delay Spray is the best spray to last longer in bed.
It contains a mild, safe topical anesthetic that doesn’t numb your penis. You will be able to enjoy sexual activity as it gives you a decent balance of numbness and sensation. Additionally, it is extremely cost-effective as compared to Promescent Delay Spray.
You can increase the effectiveness of VigRX Delay Spray (if you want to make your penis numb and increase the lasting duration) by increasing the number of sprays. You can add up to 10 sprays at a time on your penis and each spray increases the effectiveness (and concentration of benzocaine).
Updated: April 02, 2023