There are a lot of home remedies for premature ejaculation. You can use desensitizing products, prescription medicines, dietary supplements, and other methods to last longer in bed. Several fruits help you last longer in bed. Pomegranate is one such fruit that is believed to help men last longer in bed by delaying ejaculation.
Does pomegranate make you last longer in bed? How effective is it in treating premature ejaculation? What does science say?
Let’s find out…
Table of Contents
Benefits of Pomegranate
Pomegranate (scientifically known as Punica granatum) is a nutritional fruit that’s round and red filled with juicy seeds known as arils. The arils are what we eat as fruit. According to the USDA, pomegranate is a rich source of calories, protein, fat, carbohydrates, sugar, fiber, and several other nutrients including magnesium, folate, vitamin C, and others.
This nutrient-rich fruit offers a wide range of benefits including:
- Pomegranate improves the urological health of men according to a study
- A 2006 and 2012 study showed that pomegranate juice reduces the risk of death from prostate cancer in men and may help in treating prostate cancer
- Multiple studies reported that pomegranate improves sperm health in males. A study on male rates increased sperm concentration, sperm motility, and reduced the abnormal sperm rate with pomegranate juice. Another study reported that pomegranate juice improved the sexual behavior of male rats with a focus on an increase in sperm count, normal sperm, and testosterone levels. A study on humans reported that using pomegranate seed extract and galangal rhizome powder increased the total number of motile sperm by 62%
- Both human and rat studies have shown that pomegranate juice and peel extract increase testosterone levels. A study on humans reported that pomegranate juice increases testosterone levels by 24%. A study on rats found that pomegranate peel extract improves testosterone levels and sperm health
- Pomegranate is a rich source of antioxidants and thus it helps your body from the damage caused by free radicals. Studies have highlighted different types of antioxidants found in pomegranate
- Pomegranate has antimicrobial properties that make it an ideal fruit for fighting harmful bacteria and fungi. A study reported that both pomegranate juice and peel extract help remove unwanted germs from the mouth. Another study reported that pomegranate peel extract improves oral health, bad breath, and tooth decay
- Multiple human studies in 2014, 2017, and 2019 reported that pomegranate and its juice are helpful in reducing inflammation in the human body
- Pomegranate improves urinary health by reducing the production of kidney stones. A 2014 and 2018 study reported the positive impact of pomegranate in minimizing the development of kidney stones
- Pomegranate juice is reported to help treat heart diseases. One study found that drinking pomegranate juice reduces the symptoms of heart issues
- Studies like this and this reported that pomegranate juice is helpful in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease due to its ability to improve brain health.
Does Pomegranate Make You Last Longer in Bed?
Yes, pomegranate makes you last longer in bed.
Pomegranate is a rich source of folate (vitamin B9). Folate is the natural form of folic acid and is helpful in curing premature ejaculation. A single pomegranate contains 27% of the daily value. It provides your body with 27% of the folate you need per day.
A study reported that folic acid (folate) treats premature ejaculation safely without any side effects and helps men last longer in bed. Another study reported that folic acid has a negative association with premature ejaculation, and it has the potential to delay ejaculation in men. A study reported that folic acid plays a significant role in men’s sexual function including premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
A deficiency of folate increases the risk of premature ejaculation in men. Pomegranate provides your body with natural folic acid keeping you safe from premature ejaculation, consequently, helping you last longer in bed during sexual intercourse.
Pomegranate is also a rich source of magnesium and a minor source of zinc. Scientifically, magnesium deficiency is associated with premature ejaculation. A single pomegranate provides your body with 33.8 mg of magnesium that’s 8% of your daily value. So, eating pomegranate will fulfill your body’s magnesium needs and may help you last longer in bed.
Zinc has several health benefits for men. It improves testosterone levels, sex drive, sperm health, and treats premature ejaculation. Zinc is scientifically proven to make you last longer in bed. A single pomegranate contains, on average, 0.987 mg of zinc. That’s not too much but it helps you achieve your daily value of zinc.
Pomegranate is scientifically proven to make you last longer in bed by providing your body with necessary nutrients like folate, magnesium, and zinc. These nutrients play a key role in ejaculation by helping you delay ejaculation with full control over it.
How to Use Pomegranate to Last Longer in Bed
Here are the best ways to use pomegranate for premature ejaculation:
- Pomegranate seeds known as arils are the essence and have the most nutrients. Take a cup of arils and eat them with a spoon. It’s the best way to use pomegranate to last longer in bed
- Drink pomegranate juice. Most of the clinical trials used pomegranate juice as it is easier for your body to absorb juice than arils
- Use pomegranate peel extract in the form of a supplement or powder as peel extract is found to be extremely helpful for men’s sexual health. Shop for pomegranate peel extract
- You can also try a pomegranate smoothie. It enhances the flavor and taste of the pomegranate
- Add pomegranate seeds in fruit salads, salads, and meals as toppings. However, you have to add half or full pomegranate and not just a handful of arils
- Use pomegranate for garnishing grilled or baked dishes. This enhances the flavor of your grilled meals.
Nothing beats eating raw pomegranate with a spoon. This is the best and healthiest way to use pomegranate to last longer in bed.
What Does Pomegranate Do for Men?
Pomegranate is a nutrient-rich fruit that offers multiple benefits to men. It is scientifically proven to help men last longer in bed by treating premature ejaculation, it significantly improves sperm health and treats infertility in males, it improves testosterone levels, it improves urological health in males, and it reduces the risk of death with prostate cancer in men.
What is the Best Time to Drink Pomegranate Juice?
The best time to drink pomegranate juice is morning. Take a glass of juice in the morning with your breakfast. You can drink juice on an empty stomach and with your breakfast. It works both ways.
Is Pomegranate Good for Sperm?
Yes, pomegranate improves sperm health in males. Several studies reported that pomegranate juice and seed extract improve sperm motility, concentration, increase normal sperm count, and reduce abnormal sperm count in males.
Does Pomegranate Increase Testosterone?
Yes, pomegranate increases testosterone levels in men. A study reported that pomegranate juice increases testosterone levels in humans by 24%. A study on rats reported that pomegranate peel extract increases testosterone levels significantly with improved sperm health. You can consume pomegranate in both juice, raw, or peel extract form to improve testosterone levels.
Is Pomegranate Juice Good for Erectile Dysfunction?
No, pomegranate juice isn’t good for erectile dysfunction. No studies reported a positive association between pomegranate juice and erectile dysfunction. A study that’s often cited to support the positive impact of pomegranate juice on erectile dysfunction didn’t achieve statistical significance. More scientific evidence is needed to understand the relationship.
Pomegranate is a healthy fruit with several health benefits for men. Pomegranate seed and its peel extract both have been scientifically proven to be beneficial for sexual health. Pomegranate juice is best to last longer in bed as it helps treat premature ejaculation.
The best way to use pomegranate to delay ejaculation is to eat its seeds. Add pomegranate to your meals and dishes to provide your body with the necessary nutrients and to gain benefits. A glass of pomegranate juice in the morning is a great way to start your day.
Updated: August 29, 2023