This post contains affiliate links. We earn commissions if you buy through an affiliate link with no additional cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
Yes, avocado makes you last longer in bed. Certain nutrients in avocado help in the treatment of premature ejaculation (PE) which leads to an increase in intravaginal ejaculation latency time (IELT).
What nutrients in avocados make you delay orgasm, how many avocados to consume, how long to eat them, and much more is covered in this article.
Table of Contents
What is Avocado?
Avocado is native to Mexico and some parts of America. It is a nutritional berry (so it’s a fruit) that’s rich in fiber, carbs, and vitamins. High nutritional value makes avocados a popular fruit that offers a lot of health benefits.
One raw avocado has the following nutrients:
- Calories: 322
- Fat: 29.5 g
- Carbs: 17.1 g
- Fiber: 13.5 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Potassium: 975 mg
- Phosphorous: 105 mg
- Magnesium: 58.3 mg
- Calcium: 24.1 mg
- Vitamin C: 20.1 mg
- Vitamin E: 4.16 mg
- Folate: 163 µg.
- Reduces heart diseases: Nutrients in avocados improve heart health and reduce the risk of heart-related diseases. Potassium and magnesium in avocados regulate blood pressure and keep it at a healthy level which improves heart health. A study reported that avocados maintain cholesterol levels in the human body which significantly improves heart health.
- Gut health: Avocados are a rich source of fiber which offers a lot of benefits to your digestive system. A 12-week study reported that adults who eat avocados daily have significantly high bacteria diversity in the gut that improves digestion. It also helped in reducing bile acid which leads to intestine inflammation.
- Antioxidant: Avocado offers you vitamins C and E along with phenolic compounds that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. A study reported that antioxidants in avocados are quite helpful in protecting your body from oxidative stress.
- Promote brain health: Vitamin C and carotenoids in avocados are reported to promote cognitive function and brain health as reported in this study.
- Manage body weight: Avocados are reported in multiple studies to be helpful for weight loss and reduction in abdominal fat. A study found that eating one avocado per day for up to 3 months reduces abdominal fat significantly. Another study concluded that habitual consumption of avocados reduces weight in adults.
- Pregnancy complication reduction: Avocado is helpful for females during pregnancy as it provides their body with essential nutrients including folate, vitamin C, and potassium. Folate deficiency leads to pregnancy complications as reported in this and this study.
Does Avocado Make You Last Longer in Bed?
Yes, avocado makes you last longer in bed as it is a rich source of folate and magnesium. Both are helpful in the treatment of premature ejaculation (PE).
Folate (synthetically known as folic acid) is scientifically proven to cure PE. Several studies reported the positive impact of folate on delaying ejaculation:
- A study found that folate is reported to treat premature ejaculation by changing neurotransmitters which gives you more control over the ejaculatory reflex.
- According to a study, a deficiency of folate in men leads to premature ejaculation. This is where avocados help you last longer in bed as it provides you with 50% of folate DV.
- A study reported that men who suffer from premature ejaculation feel better and improve their ejaculation duration after increasing the intake of folic acid (folate).
- A review study reported folate to be an effective treatment for premature ejaculation and mentioned it to be a highly affordable, effective, and safer way to get rid of PE (naturally) as compared to other treatment methods like antidepressants.
- A clinical study tested the impact of an herbal tablet on premature ejaculation. Folate and zinc were the main ingredients of the herbal tablet. After taking a tablet for 90 days, the ejaculation duration of an average participant increased from 73 seconds to 102 seconds. Authors cited folic acid as an important ingredient for treating premature ejaculation.
- A study used folate with paroxetine for premature ejaculation. Participants who took folate with paroxetine had their ejaculation duration increased from 1.18 minutes to 9.42 minutes (on average).
Avocados are a decent source of magnesium too which plays a key role in the treatment of PE. Several studies reported the impact of magnesium on lasting longer in bed. Lack of magnesium leads to premature ejaculation in men, according to a study.
Another study endorsed these findings and reported that men who suffer from premature ejaculation have magnesium deficiency which makes it hard for them to last longer in bed.
Avocado nutrients make it an ideal fruit for men who want to last longer in bed by overcoming premature ejaculation. It provides you with folate and magnesium which are extremely helpful in delaying ejaculation.
How Many Avocados to Eat to Last Longer in Bed?
One avocado a day is all you need to treat premature ejaculation.
According to NIH, the daily requirement for folate is 400 µg for adult males. One raw avocado provides you with 163 µg which is quite enough. Taking one avocado a day is enough or if you take two avocados a day, you won’t have to take folate from any other food.
The daily value of magnesium for adult males is 420 mg. One avocado provides you with 58.3 mg of magnesium which is approximately 13% of DV – not bad.
You need to take one avocado a day regularly to see a positive change in ejaculation duration. You can eat raw or make an avocado smoothie or use it in any other form. Most of the clinical trials on avocados inspected results after 90 days. Ideally, you should at least stick with an avocado-rich diet for 90 days to see an increase in ejaculation timing.
Avocado is a tasty and healthy berry that offers a lot of sexual health benefits to men. It can treat premature ejaculation and make you last longer in bed. Thanks to folate and magnesium that make avocado an ideal fruit for men who are suffering from PE.
Add it to your diet and start eating one avocado a day.
For best results, it is recommended to use avocados regularly for at least 3 months to see a significant improvement in intravaginal ejaculation latency time.
Need an instant increase in ejaculation timing?
Try other methods like delay sprays that instantly delay ejaculation by reducing the sensitivity of your penis. You can choose an herbal delay spray with no side effects.
Try VigRX Delay Spray risk-free. It is herbal, comes with a 67-day money back guarantee, and has no side effects.
What does avocado do for men?
Avocado provides men with folate and magnesium which help them overcome premature ejaculation and last longer in bed.
Does avocado increase stamina?
No, avocado does not increase stamina during intercourse.
Does avocado have any benefit for sperm?
Yes, avocado contains zinc which is scientifically proven to improve sperm health.
Does avocado make you last longer?
Yes, it does.
Updated: August 9, 2023