Delay condoms are best for treating premature ejaculation and lasting longer in bed. When selecting the right delay condom for yourself, it often gets confusing as there are a lot of best delay condoms out there. Picking the right one is confusing, especially if it is your first time.
Durex Prolong and Trojan Extended Pleasure are the two most popular delay condoms to choose from. If you are planning to go with either of these, you’d love to read our detailed comparison of Durex Prolong vs Trojan Extended Pleasure.
Here is a summary of our findings:
- Durex Prolong has a better numbing effect than Trojan Extended Pleasure as it contains 5% benzocaine whereas Trojan Extended Pleasure contains 4%
- Durex Prolong has a ribbed and dotted texture that gives extra pleasure to your sex partner while Trojan Extended has a plain outer surface making it smooth for penetration
- Durex Prolong has thick latex that makes it better at delaying ejaculation. Trojan Extended Pleasure has a normal thickness which makes it less effective in delaying ejaculation.
Durex Prolong is best at lasting longer in bed and delaying ejaculation with its higher concentration of benzocaine and condom thickness.
Table of Contents
What is Durex Prolong?
Durex Prolong is a delay condom that contains benzocaine 5%. It is made of natural latex and helps men last longer in bed. The benzocaine inside the condom acts as a numbing agent that reduces the sensitivity of your penis leading to a delay in orgasm.
It has a ribbed and dotted structure to provide extra pleasure to your sex partner. The outer surface of the condom is lubricated to avoid friction. Lubrication coupled with ribbed structure enhances the pleasure of your female partner significantly.
How Durex Prolong Works?
Durex Prolong works by numbing your penis head that reduces the sensitivity of your penis leading to a delay in ejaculation.
The benzocaine inside the condom tip melts with the heat of your penis. When you wear the condom, the benzocaine melts and gets activated. Once it melts, you will start feeling numbness in your penis head (because that’s where benzocaine inside the condom is).
Normally, benzocaine doesn’t need a lot of time to activate and numb your penis head. As soon as it melts, it gets to work. And it takes no more than 1-2 minutes to melt it completely (with the heat of your penis).
Durex Prolong Features
The major Durex Prolong benefits include:
- It helps you last longer in bed by delaying ejaculation
- Made from natural latex
- It has a slight numbing effect so you can enjoy sex with delayed ejaculation
- Lubrication and ribbed texture make it ideal for your female sex partner
- A flexible and thick-sized condom that fits everyone easily.
What is Trojan Extended Pleasure?
Extended Pleasure is a delay condom by Trojan. It contains benzocaine 4% inside the condom to numb your penis and delay ejaculation. It is made from latex and is quite durable. The outside of the condom is lubricated with oil to avoid friction.
The thickness of the condom is normal, and the outer surface is plain. This is best for smooth penetration.
How Trojan Extended Pleasure Works?
Trojan Extended Pleasure has benzocaine (4%) inside the condom. It is a topical anesthetic that numbs your penis leading to reduced sensitivity.
When you wear the condom, the benzocaine gets activated with the heat of your penis. This usually happens in 1-2 minutes as benzocaine is highly heat-sensitive. Once it melts, you will feel numbness in your penis head.
With reduced sensitivity, you will be able to last much longer in bed without losing sensation. You won’t lose your erection and will be able to enjoy sex.
Trojan Extended Pleasure Features
The major Trojan Extended Pleasure benefits include:
- It delays ejaculation and helps you last longer in bed
- Made from high quality latex
- You don’t lose erection and sensation with the numbing effect
- It has a plain texture with the lubricated outer surface for better penetration
- The normal thickness makes it easy to use.
Durex Prolong Vs Trojan Extended Pleasure
The major differences between Durex Prolong vs Trojan Extended pleasure are:
- Benzocaine concentration
- Condom texture
- Condom thickness.
1. Benzocaine Concentration
Durex Prolong has 5% benzocaine while Trojan Extended Pleasure has 4%.
This makes Durex Prolong slightly more effective than Trojan Extended Pleasure. The numbing effect of the Durex Prolong is stronger than Trojan Extended Pleasure.
On the surface, this might look like a tiny 1% but it makes a difference. If you haven’t used any delay condom in the past, this 1% difference means a lot.
2. Condom Texture
Durex Prolong has a ribbed and dotted texture while Trojan Extended Pleasure has a plain texture.
Ribbed and dotted outer surface helps women orgasm quickly. This increases the pleasure of your female partner. But not all women prefer ribbed and dotted structure condoms as they might cause irritation and discomfort.
The plain surface of Trojan Extended Pleasure keeps it smooth. It is ideal for females who want smooth and natural-like sexual intercourse.
It comes down to personal preferences. Some women like rough structured condoms while others prefer plain condoms.
3. Condom Thickness
Durex Prolong has a higher thickness than the Trojan Extended Pleasure condom.
Durex Prolong is a thick condom with maximum thickness. This adds more time to orgasm and helps you last longer in bed by delaying ejaculation. However, this comes at a cost of reduced sensitivity and pleasure. Couple this with benzocaine inside the condom, the overall sensitivity of your penis and pleasure will reduce significantly. With low sensitivity, you lose erection because you don’t feel the pleasure that you normally do from sexual intercourse.
Trojan Extended Pleasure has normal thickness. This means you will have more pleasurable and enjoyable sexual intercourse with Trojan Extended Pleasure. However, this also means that you won’t get as high ejaculation time as you’d with Durex Prolong.
Who is Durex Prolong Best For?
Durex Prolong condom is best for men who:
- Want to delay ejaculation and last longer in bed
- Prefer delayed orgasm and don’t mind losing erection and/or pleasure slightly or completely
- Don’t have an issue with losing sensitivity and sensation during sexual intercourse
- Have used a delay condom or any benzocaine condom in the past and are OK with a high concentration of benzocaine
- Like to use ribbed and dotted texture condoms and your sex partner is OK with it.
Who is Trojan Extended Best For?
Trojan Extended Pleasure condom is ideal for men who:
- Want to last longer in bed and treat premature ejaculation
- Don’t want to lose sensation and pleasure during sexual intercourse
- Want to enjoy sex and last longer in bed at the same time
- Are new to benzocaine delay condoms and need low concentration benzocaine condoms
- Prefer plain condoms with normal thickness and their sex partners are OK with it.
Which Delay Condom is Best for Lasting Longer in Bed?
Durex Prolong is the best condom to last longer in bed, delay orgasm, and treat premature ejaculation.
What makes it the best delay condom?
It has a high concentration of benzocaine with maximum condom thickness. Benzocaine numbs your penis while a thick condom adds another layer that helps you last even longer. Additionally, it has a ribbed and dotted texture that helps your female partner orgasm quickly. So, it delays your ejaculation and makes your partner cum quickly.
It is a win-win.
We recommend Durex Prolong to anyone who wants to last longer in bed and delay ejaculation. Click here to buy your pack of Durex Prolong now.
Updated: April 2, 2023