No, coconut oil does make you last longer in bed. It doesn’t treat premature ejaculation. You can only use it for lubrication, that too, with caution.
While there are several oils that are helpful for men in delaying climax and treating premature ejaculation (PE), coconut oil isn’t one of them. Several studies revealed the health benefits of coconut oil (discussed below), but none of them cited it as an effective solution to delay orgasm. Continue reading to find out all about coconut oil, does coconut oil make you last longer in bed, how it is related to premature ejaculation, what science says, and the best alternatives to lasting longer in bed.
Table of Contents
What is Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil is extracted from coconut meat by pressing it. It is 100% fat with the majority of it being saturated. Coconut oil turns to solid (white in color) when stored below 25 degrees Celsius and turns to liquid (transparent) in warm temperatures usually above 30 degrees Celsius.
Coconut oil contains traces of minerals and vitamins and it is absolutely free from cholesterol and fiber. The major part of coconut oil contains saturated fatty acids (up to 90%). It contains different types of fatty acids including lauric, myristic, palmitic, and others.
Due to a high percentage of saturated fat, coconut oil is not recommended for consumption.
Coconut Oil Uses and Benefits
- Burns fat: One of the major benefits of consuming coconut oil is that it helps you burn fat. Coconut oil is 65% medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) which is a type of saturated fat) that, scientifically, promotes weight loss. One study reported that using MCTs reduces body weight without any negative impact on the human body. A 2015 meta-analysis found that people who replaced long-chain triglycerides with medium-chain triglycerides had significantly reduced body weight. However, coconut oil should be consumed with caution.
- Reduces food intake: MCTs are scientifically known to reduce hunger. According to a 2021 meta-analysis, MCTs decrease food intake and your body’s energy intake without affecting appetite. Another study reported similar results that MCTs reduce food intake when compared with LCTs. You can reduce hunger with coconut oil which helps you reduce weight significantly.
- Antimicrobial: Lauric acid is a major component of coconut oil (up to 50%) and it protects your body from several diseases that are caused by microorganisms.
- Energy source: Coconut oil supplies your body with instant energy. This is because MCTs directly go to your liver instead of the bloodstream, and therefore, provide you with instant energy (similar to carbs). This is explained in a 2016 review study.
- Moisturizes skin: Coconut oil is extremely healthy for the skin. Several studies have shown that it reduces skin dryness and prevents excessive loss of water. A 2021 study found that applying virgin coconut oil to hands overnight reduces dryness.
- Antioxidant: Coconut oil is a rich source of antioxidants such as tocopherols, tocotrienols, and phytosterols. This makes it highly effective in getting rid of free radicals. One study found that antioxidants in coconut oil make it anti-inflammatory which helps in the treatment of degenerative diseases.
- Removes bacteria from the mouth: The lauric acid in coconut oil reacts with your saliva and creates an antibacterial substance that removes harmful bacteria from your mouth, reduces plaque, and minimizes gum inflammation. A review study found coconut oil equally effective in removing bacteria from the mouth as a mouthwash.
- Reduces hair fall: According to a 2021 study, coconut oil significantly increases the strength of hair strands by penetrating inside the hair core. This makes it an ideal oil for getting rid of hair fall and making your hair stronger. Another study reported that regular coconut oil users on hair have 65% stronger hair.
Coconut Oil Side Effects
Coconut oil is a rich source of saturated fat which can significantly increase cholesterol levels in your body. It should be consumed with caution. Excessive intake of coconut oil might cause:
- High cholesterol
- Headache and fatigue
- Skin rash or hives
- Muscle and joint pain
- Allergic reaction.
When used as a topical oil, coconut oil doesn’t have any known side effects.
Does Coconut Oil Make You Last Longer in Bed?
No, coconut oil does not make you last longer in bed. It does not treat premature ejaculation.
There is limited research on the efficacy of coconut oil in making men last longer in bed. Its properties and constituents do not treat premature ejaculation (PE). Coconut oil contains a high percentage of saturated fat which isn’t helpful in delaying ejaculation.
You can use coconut oil for lubrication though. It works as a perfect lubricant during sexual intercourse. The antibacterial properties of coconut oil make it an ideal lubricant for vaginal intercourse. It reduces yeast infection and the production of several harmful microorganisms inside the vagina.
However, there is a downside to using coconut oil as a lubricant during sexual intercourse.
It makes the environment inside the vagina alkaline. The vagina has an acidic environment that does not promote the growth of microorganisms and bacteria. When coconut oil goes inside the vagina during intercourse, it makes the environment alkaline and that’s the environment where bacteria grow and nourish.
While coconut oil might help you get rid of some harmful bacteria and microorganisms inside the vagina, it might promote the growth of several others and might lead to yeast infection. Use it with caution.
Importantly, you can use coconut oil as a lubricant only if you are not using a latex condom. If you are using a latex condom, avoid coconut oil as it reacts with the latex and reduces its strength by 90%. A study reported that mineral oils (including coconut oil) reduce the strength of a latex condom (or latex) by 90% in as low as 60 seconds of contact.
If you are using a latex condom for contraception, do not use coconut oil for lubrication.
So, coconut oil does not help in the treatment of premature ejaculation and it won’t help you last longer in bed.
Does Coconut Oil Kill Sperm?
No, coconut oil does not kill sperm. It is safe to use as a lubricant during intercourse with no major side effects.
Like any other oil, coconut can be used topically for lubrication during sexual intercourse without sperm or semen. Multiple studies reported that virgin coconut oil is quite helpful for sperm health due to its antioxidant properties.
A 2017 study on rats reported that virgin coconut oil improved sperm count at high doses and increased sperm motility at low doses. Another study reported that virgin coconut oil combined with egg yolk helps retain frozen semen quality.
There are limited studies on humans and the impact of topical coconut oil on sperm quality isn’t clinically tested because there is no ingredient in coconut oil that might interfere with sperm.
So, you can use coconut oil as a lubricant during intercourse safely. It does not kill sperm.
Can Men Use Coconut Oil on Private Parts?
Yes, men can use coconut oil on private parts. It is safe for use on male genitals.
Coconut oil is mineral oil and can be used like any other mineral oil anywhere on the body. You can use it on your penis for massage and you can use it as a lubricant during sexual intercourse. It will do fine and won’t harm you or your partner in any way.
The only way coconut oil would harm you is by reducing the strength of the latex condom. You should avoid using it with a latex condom or it will break your condom during intercourse (almost immediately).
Coconut Oil Alternatives: How to Last Longer in Bed and Treat Premature Ejaculation
Coconut oil does not make you last longer in bed, here are the best ways to treat PE and last longer in bed:
1. VigRX Oil
If you need oil to delay orgasm, you should use VigRX Oil. It is an herbal, over-the-counter oil made by Leading Edge Health for the treatment of premature ejaculation. It makes you last longer in bed without numbing your penis which means you can enjoy intercourse while having full control over ejaculation.
It is made from 100% natural ingredients including shea butter, ginseng, ginkgo biloba, catuaba bark, and others. VigRX Oil has no side effects, is 100% safe, doesn’t require a prescription, comes with a 67-day money back guarantee, and works instantly.
2. Numbing Products
Numbing products, also known as desensitizing products, are applied topically to the penis before sexual intercourse. These products minimize the sensitivity of your penis and help you delay ejaculation. The products include sprays, wipes, condoms, and creams.
The FDA has approved topical anesthetics (lidocaine and benzocaine) for use in these delay products for the treatment of premature ejaculation. These products do not require a prescription which means you can order a numbing product online and have it delivered to your doorstep.
Most of these products work instantly (between 5 to 15 minutes) and their effect lasts up to an hour (or more). This means you will feel numbness in your penis for up to 60 minutes after applying it to your penis.
3. Over-the-Counter Supplements
You can use dietary supplements and herbal tablets to delay climax and cure PE. Herbal pills strengthen your ejaculatory muscles so you can control and delay ejaculation. The OTC tablets don’t have any side effects as they are made of natural ingredients including herbs and plant extracts.
However, supplements don’t act quickly like oils. You have to use capsules consistently to see an improvement in ejaculation duration. If you need instant results, herbal tablets aren’t for you.
The good aspect of tablets is that they are easy to use, unlike oils. You don’t have to use a tablet right before sexual intercourse.
If you need a recommendation, we’d suggest trying ProSolution Plus. It is a clinically tested PE herbal supplement. A study reported that men who used ProSolution Plus for 2 months increased their ejaculation duration by 64%. Give it a try and see how it goes for you.
Is coconut oil safe for sperm?
Yes, coconut oil is safe for sperm. You can use it as lube during intercourse without negatively impacting your sperm.
Does coconut oil eat condoms?
Yes, coconut oil degrades and deteriorates latex condoms. It reduces the strength of latex condoms by 90% in as low as 60 seconds.
What are the side effects of coconut oil?
When consumed excessively, coconut oil can elevate cholesterol levels in your body, cause headaches and nausea, and lead to muscle pain.
When applied topically, coconut oil does not have any side effects.
Coconut oil has several health benefits and is used for consumption and topical applications. However, it does not make you last longer in bed and it does not treat premature ejaculation. If you are planning to use coconut oil to delay orgasm, don’t use it.
You can use coconut oil for lubrication during intercourse. But use it with caution as it might lead to yeast infection in the vagina.
If you are interested in lasting longer in bed, use oils like VigRX Oil which is made specifically for the treatment of premature ejaculation. Or use a delay product or an OTC herbal pill. These methods are more effective in delaying orgasm than coconut oil.